Monday, October 4, 2010

Bad Timing?

So only 4 days into this and I'm starting to wonder if my experiment is bad timing. Holidays are fast approaching and I have 4 friends getting married next year. One of them is having an engagement party at the end of the month. The invite was addressed to every single girls least favorite, your name and guest. Seeing as everyone I know at this party will have a date I don't want to be odd girl out. Even if I met someone this week by chance, less than 3 weeks of knowing each other is a little soon to be asking them to attend a big friend function like that. I could fall back to my friend A. We get along great, have a fun together, can read each other's mind, finish each other's sentences, etc. Why am I not dating A? He's gay. Honestly if he wasn't I would have clubbed him over the head and drug him to a little chapel in Vegas by now.

This weekend was uneventful as far as dating/looking goes. I went out with friends Saturday to a bar to hear a local 80's cover band play. I was asked the following morning if there were any single men there. I am assuming there were single men, it's not like they wear signs. It got me thinking though, wouldn't it be nice if people did. Something like Harry Potter's scar with a single letter, S for single, T for taken, M for married. That would make life so much easier, in theory. Does it really make it any easier when you know right away that the guy you think is cute is single, but know for a fact he is out of your league? Somethings are better off left a mystery.

2 comments:

  1. ...Is it weird that I would like to follow your blog and read about your experiences meeting people the "old fashioned way"? Of the (four) guys I've seriously dated, I only knew one of them "in real life" (which sounds incredibly silly) before we started seeing each other. I got to know the rest of them online before we started more serious, longer distance relationships.

    I ran across this blog through your polish blog. If my following isn't okay, just delete me! I hope that you don't mind if I read about your no online dating experience, though.

    Also, I think it's perfectly acceptable to bring your Friend A to an engagement party! If he wants to go, you would have someone you know you already enjoy the company of with you. I don't know if I could take someone from the Friend Zone to a wedding, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's totally cool that you want to follow!! Feel free to tell people about it, I lovve feedback!

    I totally understand, I've had a few guys that I met online and talked to them for awhile before meeting in real life. I'm very shy so it's hard for me to just talk to random strangers.

    Yeah I'm not sure about bringing him to the wedding, but I'd still like to have a date so hopefully I can meet someone by next April or so.

    ReplyDelete